Home > Services > Certification >

UK and European to NZ Certification

Electric Certification

Imported Motorhomes and Caravans

Caravans and Motorhomes imported from the UK and Europe present fewer difficulties in obtaining electrical certification than vehicles imported from the USA, since they have fewer appliances installed that do not meet New Zealand Specification Standards. However, there are a few appliances and items that need to be changed when the vehicle arrives in the country. Finding matching sockets to the European designs is not always straight forward. We stock a wide selection and can generally get a close match.
The residual-current device (RCD) will need changing and all work should be carried out by an approved practitioner with knowledge of 230 AC in vehicles.

Used Motorhomes and Caravans

All vehicles need an Electrical Certification after any electrical work is carried out. The certification will remain with the vehicle for 4 years. Subsequent alterations to any of the electrical components must be carried out by an approved practitioner and recorded. All paperwork relating to those alterations must be kept with the vehicle. The actual cost of the electric cert is only $130 + GST, but excludes any additional work that will be required to meet the New Zealand regulations.

Click here to get in touch

Share your knowledge of this product. Be the first to write a review »

Browse for more products in the same category as this item:

Services > Certification
Services > Certification > Electrical certification